NEBOSH General Certificate Online Course
Modern, interactive, tutor-supported learning
Our NEBOSH General Certificate Online Course is an interactive, remote-learning version of the NEBOSH General Certificate. It offers the same qualification as a traditional classroom course.
Develop your risk management skills as you work through engaging course materials on our award-winning LMS. Then test your understanding with activities, learning checks and past exam questions.
Try the course yourself for free! Access our NEBOSH General Certificate online course demo.
|NEBOSH Certificate Online Course Key Facts|
|Duration ||NEBOSH recommends 113 hours|
|Units||NG1: Management of Health and Safety|
NG2: Practical Risk Assessment
1 year access to course materials
How is the NEBOSH General Certificate assessed?
There are two assessments for the NEBOSH General Certificate:
- NG1: An online open-book exam
- NG2: A practical risk assessment carried out in the workplace
You need to pass both assessments to achieve your NEBOSH General Certificate. Further information about open book exams as well as frequently asked questions, is available in the Learner Guide.
Our personalised, easy-to-access online NEBOSH General Certificate course gives you everything you need to pass with extra support features to help you along the way:
Our CMIOSH tutors will provide you with guidance and support every step of the way
Stay on track
Personalised study timetable to keep you on track with your course and build your confidence
Exclusive Astutis community support to connect with other NEBOSH learners
Interactive learning checks, past exam to test your knowledge
Why take your NEBOSH General Certificate online?
Our flexible online course has everything you need to learn the fundamentals of health and safety management and pass your NEBOSH General Certificate.
Study smarter with Astutis
Master key topics with Astutis ExamSmart™. Our unique 3-pillar framework helps you learn, communicate and apply health and safety concepts.
When you’re at work after you qualify, you’ll know what to do thanks to our course bringing concepts to life and applying theory to real world scenarios.
Stay focused and complete your course
Stay on track with your studies with Astutis TrackSmartTM . Simply input your chosen exam date or study hours and get a personalised study timetable to help you meet your goal.
Work through interactive materials packed full of activities, podcasts and videos that keep you engaged. And access our built-in glossary and resources hub for instant access to information along the way.
Increase your chance of passing
Build your confidence with learning checks, past exam questions, and mini-mock exams all marked with feedback.
Our tutor-led revision webinars will teach you how to tackle your open-book exam and practical assignment the NEBOSH way, so you know just what to expect on your big day.
Join our NEBOSH General Certificate community
You're not alone with Astutis. Your CMIOSH tutor, Andrew Froude (also a NEBOSH examiner), is on hand answer any of your questions and give you feedback throughout your learning experience.
Join other learners in our exclusive LinkedIn NEBOSH Certificate support group. Take part in discussions and get advice and support from our NEBOSH alumni.
Buy your course now
Taking on a new course can be a daunting prospect and one that takes a lot of thinking about. The amount of time and money invested in getting the best result possible is significant so it is crucial you understand what to expect. As a result of this there are a number of commonly asked questions which we have aimed to answer as best as possible on this page and below:
- Who is the NEBOSH General Certificate for? The NEBOSH General Certificate is aimed at people who are just starting their role or career in health and safety. There are two versions - national and international.
- Can anyone take the NEBOSH certificate? As the NEBOSH Certificate is a foundation level qualification there is no prior knowledge required in order to take it. So, yes anyone is able to take this course!
- Does a NEBOSH certificate expire? Once you have completed the 2 units there is no need to retake any of them again. However you will need to complete both units within 5 years to pass successfully.
If you would like to take a look at more commonly asked questions around the NEBOSH Certificate please take a look here.
There are three main players when it comes to foundation level health and safety qualifications including the NEBOSH General Certificate, the NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety and the new NCFE IOSH Level 3 Certificate in Safety and Health for Business.
While these courses qualify someone to the same level, they differ greatly when it comes to learning method:
- NEBOSH General Certificate: The NEBOSH General Certificate provides an understanding of HSE regulations, hazards and risk assessments, acting as a foundation for a career in health and safety.
- NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety: This qualification is a worked-related competency based qualification and concentrates more on assessing current skills instead of teaching new knowledge. This course is aimed more towards those who are already in a health and safety role.
- NCFE IOSH Level 3 Certificate in Safety and Health for Business: This course focuses on providing a business and technical focus towards health and safety, allowing for a more strategic approach. Again, this course is aimed towards those already in a health and safety role and is a portfolio based qualification.
Learn more about these similar courses in this article.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate and NEBOSH International General Certificate are both versions of the NEBOSH General Certificate. The National General Certificate couse is available in the UK only and the International General Certificate is available to all countries outside of the UK.
They’re the same level, have the same units, elements and learning outcomes and they both follow the same exam structure and grading system.
The course content isn’t that much different either. They both teach you how to manage health and safety based on the “Plan-Do-Check-Act” management system. But they reference different legislation and regulation in the finer details. Find out more about the difference in versions here.
Choosing a provider for a course like the NEBOSH General Certificate can be really difficult for 2 reasons.
- Because there are so many providers
- Because you want to ensure you get the best value for money
There are many ways to help you choose which provider is best for you. We always recommend looking at online reviews and testimonials to understand things such as course quality and level of customer service. However, it is also important to consider things like the types of learning they provide, what course material you will be provided with and how much tutor support you'll get.
Finally, pass marks are also important to consider. You need to have confidence that your provider will help you gain that all important pass mark so ensure you check out what their pass rates are and how students are prepared for their exams at the end of the course.