- Astutis is committed to protecting your privacy.
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a set of rules governing the privacy and security of personal data laid down by the European Commission and designed to give you the power over how your data is processed and used.
- Astutis has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
- The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website at URL: astutis.com
- Astutis does not disclose visitors' information to third parties without your consent.
- Any information that you provide us with, whether it be business or personal information (such as your name or address), cannot be seen by third parties.
- The information we keep is stored on our own computer systems, not on a website.
- This site may at times contain links to other, third party websites; Astutis is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- This privacy statement is not presented as a legally binding contract.
What information do we collect or use?
There are sections in our website where we may ask you to register in order to gain access to high value documents, or to be able to download various items, or to make contact with Astutis. Any information you provide will remain the secured property of Astutis. Under no circumstances will it be sold or rented to any third party. Astutis may, however, use your contact information to send you any information you have specifically requested or any other information or news about our company and services. Your details maybe used in an aggregated form for marketing analysis of our website traffic.
In addition to any personal information you may provide, Astutis may, on occasion use software or other tools that enable the collection of relevant technical information, for example the IP address (Internet protocol) (IP), the device that you are using to access our website and the operating system deployed on it, the browser used for access, various traffic patterns, as well as the address of any referring websites. Astutis always traces how a visitor arrives at the Astutis website, however it is not possible to and we will not attempt to gather information about other sites that have been visited prior to landing at astutis.com
How we may use your personal information?
Astutis may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to use the site without repeatedly entering passwords or logins
- To provide information or services that you have requested
- To help us manage our content to ensure it is relevant and appropriate to you
- To alert you to company news, product upgrades, other updated information and new products and services from Astutis
- To conduct customer feedback research via a third party such as Feefo, or a specialist market research company to gather your feedback on products and services.
We may use selected agents to process your information on our behalf, such as online research platforms and data processing firms. Such third parties will be authorised to see and use your information but only to fulfil their contractual obligations to us and will not be permitted to use it for any other purpose. We retain full responsibility for how your personal information may be used by such agents. In exceptional circumstances, we may share your information when we are legally required to do so.
Astutis works with partners and they will have access to data but only for IT and technical reasons. Our partners include Absorb, Asana, Feefo, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Hostgator, Hotjar, HubSpot, Intergage CMS, Kentico CMS, Sage CRM, Slack and Pure 360.
Astutis also works with the following accrediting bodies and course providers sharing individual data when booking a course:
- The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- The Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB)
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
Disclosing your data
If you send us an enquiry about products that we offer through one of our partners, we will pass on your details to the relevant partner so that they can help you.
When you have booked a course with us, we may need to share your personal details with relevant accrediting bodies for exam registration or membership purposes required in order for us to fulfil our contract with you.
These accrediting bodies include but are not limited to NEBOSH, IOSH, IEMA, ECITB.
By registering for an assessment you give express consent for us to transfer your data; specifically your full name, address, email address, gender, and telephone contact details to our accrediting bodies for the purpose of registration, examination and certification of qualifications only. Relevant accrediting bodies have privacy statements available on their websites detailing how they will process this data.
Hyperlinks on this website
- Astutis may, periodically, provide links on our site that direct to external, third party websites
- We have no control over the content other sites, nor the usage of information they gather
- We recommend that you always review the privacy policies at any third party sites you visit; they may not follow the same policies as us
Opting out and the right to be forgotten
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor.
Under the GDPR you also have the “right to be forgotten” or opt out of receiving further communications from us.
You can give instructions to the above by emailing or by calling 0345 241 3684.
If you have any issues or concerns about how we use your data please contact us.
The Supervising Authority for data protection is The Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted via their website and where you have the right to complain if you feel that you data has been processed unlawfully.