NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction Course
Risk management for the construction industry
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction course, previously known as the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction certificate, is a leading qualification for the construction industry. It'll give you the skill, knowledge and confidence to manage and reduce risk on a construction site.
The course will give you an understanding of the requirements and particular duties of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. You’ll discover a range of construction hazards and control measures. Plus, you’ll develop specialist construction risk assessment skills so that you can improve standards in changing workplaces and sites.
Join over 20,000 people who have taken a NEBOSH construction qualification in the UK.
|NEBOSH Construction Certificate Course Key Facts|
|Learning Method||Online, Virtual, Classroom and In-company|
|Units||NC1: Managing Construction Health and Safety|
|Assessments||An open-book, online exam (OBE)|
Buy your course now
What is the NEBOSH Construction Certificate?
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction is a level-3 qualification specific to the construction industry. It replaced the NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety in March 2021.
The newly updated course is designed to help you better manage health and safety by implementing safe systems of work, challenging unsafe behaviour, and offering practical solutions to reduce and manage risk. It’s guided by the latest Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and the specific duties placed on each role within a project.
The course takes a practical approach to ensure you can directly apply and adapt your learning to changing workplaces and construction sites.
Why take the NEBOSH Construction Certificate?
Reports show that over 2 million working days are lost each year due to workplace injury and ill-health, most of which could be avoided through proper risk management.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction courses will give you the technical knowledge, practical skills, and confidence to:
- Create a safe working environment and protect people from injuries and ill-health.
- Ensure you, your team, and your company is working in compliance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
- Strengthen your safety culture and boost employee wellbeing.
- Improve your competitive advantage and increase your employability.
- Expand your confidence, skills, and competencies in health and safety management.
- Advance your leadership abilities and improve your decision-making.
- Network with other safety professionals from world-leading organisations.
Who is the NEBOSH Construction Certificate for?
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is for those working in construction, civil engineering, utilities, property management, and broadcasting. It’s ideal for:
- Construction Site Managers
- Contract Managers
- Site workers with health and safety responsibilities
- Construction health and safety advisors
The course is also an excellent complementary qualification for health and safety professionals working in other industries and who want to add construction safety to their skillset.
NEBOSH Construction Certificate Syllabus
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate was updated in March 2015 after an extensive consultation with industry stakeholders and subject matter experts. The new syllabus has one unit:
- NC1: Managing Construction Health and Safety
The unit covers 13 elements and covers critical health and safety issues, including CDM regulation, risk management, culture, and hazard control.
How is the NEBOSH Construction Certificate assessed?
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is assessed with an open book exam that tests your ability to apply your learning to a real-world setting.
You’ll be presented with a typical workplace scenario and be asked to complete several short tasks and one long risk assessment task related to the setting.
The exam is taken entirely online. You’ll have 48 hours to download your exam paper, complete your answers, and submit them for making on the NEBOSH portal.
Exams are held four times a year in January, April, July, October.
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH Construction Certificate?
NEBOSH recommends 116 notional learning hours. These are divided up depending on your chosen learning method:
Online learning: our online course enables you to complete your studying in your own time and pace over 12 months.
Virtual learning: tutor-led courses last ten days split over two weeks. Sessions are usually scheduled from 9 am – 4:30 pm GMT.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction meets the academic requirements for:
- Technical Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (TechIOSH)
- Associate Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (AIOSH)
- Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (AIIRSM).
- Associate Membership of the Association for Project Safety (AaPS)
- Black Card for the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS)
How to take the NEBOSH Construction Certificate
We offer flexible learning methods to suit all schedules and budget:
Online Learning: Engaging, interactive learning with tutor support. Study at a time and place that suits you with help whenever you need it.
Virtual Learning: Live, tutor-led training delivered online. Study alongside other professionals in this upbeat, modern take on traditional training. View our NEBOSH Construction Certificate virtual course dates.
In-company Training: Traditional, tutor-led training for you and your colleagues.
Why study with Astutis
- Success with excellent pass rates above the national average.
- Expert tutor support with a background in construction and related industries.
- Interactive training with discussions, case studies, and application to workplace scenarios.
- Confidence that you are well prepared for all exams with revision materials and exam question practice.
- Reassurance with continued support on all aspects of your learning.