NEBOSH International Diploma Course
Accelerate your health and safety career
The NEBOSH International Diploma is a leading qualification for health and safety professionals outside the UK.
It'll teach you how to develop strategy, raise safety standards and drive change in your company.
Based on international best practice, the NEBOSH International Diploma provides a body of knowledge that's shared by a global community of HSE practitioners, all working to progress the health and safety industry.
What is the NEBOSH International Diploma?
The NEBOSH International Diploma is a level-6, advanced qualification in health and safety. It'll help you enhance your strategic thinking, develop leadership skills, and take on a senior health and safety role.
Globalisation is increasing. Governments and employers recognise the need for a consistent high-standard in health and safety for people in all parts of the world.
Based on international standards, the NEBOSH International Diploma provides a recognised level of practice that helps to improve safety standards and advance the profession on a global scale.
How is it different to the NEBOSH National Diploma?
The NEBOSH National Diploma is based on UK legislation.
The NEBOSH International Diploma takes a risk management approach based on best practice and the International Labour Organisation (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors are also included when appropriate.
Who is the NEBOSH International Diploma for?
The NEBOSH International Diploma is for ambitious health and safety professionals who want to work at a senior-level outside the UK.
You should already have a foundation-level qualification, such as the NEBOSH International Certificate, or at least 5 years’ experience in the field.
What's covered in the NEBOSH International Diploma?
The NEBOSH International Diploma is split into 4 units:
- Unit IA: Managing health and safety
- Unit IB: Hazardous agents in the workplace
- Unit IC: Workplace and work equipment safety
- Unit DNI: Application of health and safety theory and practice
How is the NEBOSH International Diploma assessed?
There are three written exams, one each for Units IA, IB and IC. Unit DNI is an 8000 word project that must be typed and submitted by email.
Exams are held twice a year in January and July in NEBOSH approved exam centres.
Where is the NEBOSH International Diploma recognised?
Learners in over 180 countries have taken the NEBOSH International Diploma.
It meets the academic requirements to become a certified health and safety professional by international professional membership bodies including:
- The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- The International Institute of Risk Management (IIRM)
- The Australian OHS Education Accreditation Board
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP)
- The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM)
- South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH)
NEBOSH International Diploma study options
Astutis offer the NEBOSH International Diploma via:
- Online learning - our fully-guided, interactive learning experience
- Distance learning - self study for independent learners
Why take the NEBOSH International Diploma with Astutis?
- Success with pass rates well above the national averages
- Expert tutor support from CMIOSH tutors
- Effective learning using case studies, problem solving, and practical applications
- Exam preparation with revision webinars and exam practice
- Reassurance with continued support on all aspects of your learning
- Comprehensive online/offline course materials
- Community learning with online forums
Contact our local course advisors for more information about your NEBOSH International Diploma course:
Buy your course now