NEBOSH International Diploma Course
Accelerate your career in Health and Safety
The NEBOSH International Diploma is a leading qualification for health and safety professionals outside the UK.
It'll teach you how to develop strategy, raise safety standards and drive change in your company.
Based on international best practice, the NEBOSH International Diploma provides a body of knowledge that's shared by a global community of HSE practitioners, all working to progress the health and safety industry.
|NEBOSH International Diploma Key Facts|
|Learning Methods||Online and Distance learning|
|Duration||NEBOSH recommends at least 475 hours of study|
|Units||ID1: Workplace health and safety principles|
ID2: Controlling workplace health issues
ID3: Controlling workplace safety issues
|Exams||1 practical assignment and 2 case studies|
|Entry Requirements||NEBOSH General Certificate or 5 years experience|
Enquire about the course
What is the NEBOSH International Diploma?
The NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals (often called the NEBOSH Diploma) is a level-6, advanced qualification in health and safety. It replaced the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety in April 2021.
It'll help you enhance your strategic thinking, develop leadership skills, and take on a senior health and safety role.
As globalisation increases, governments and employers recognise the need for a consistent high-standard in health and safety for people in all parts of the world.
Based on international standards, the NEBOSH International Diploma provides a recognised level of practice that helps to improve safety standards and advance the profession on a global scale.
Who is the NEBOSH International Diploma for?
The NEBOSH Diploma is for ambitious professionals already working in health and safety and looking to take their skills to a strategic level, such as:
- Health and Safety Managers, Advisors, or Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Training Coordinators
- Quality, Risk, and Environmental workers
The NEBOSH Diploma is designed to help aspiring leaders progress in the industry. By combining specialist risk management knowledge with practical experience and business acumen, you’ll have the credentials to aim for Head of Health and Safety - and beyond!
NEBOSH International Diploma entry requirements
You should already have a fundamental understanding of health and safety issues, such as risk management, hazard control, accident investigation, and international regulation.
We always recommend taking a foundation-level qualification like the NEBOSH International Certificate or having at least 5 years’ work experience before taking the course.
What's covered in the NEBOSH International Diploma?
The NEBOSH International Diploma teaches health and safety management at senior-level. It's based on best practice and international regulation, such as the International Labour Organisations (ILO) codes of practice.
The course has three units:
- Unit ID1: Workplace Health and Safety Principles
- Unit ID2: Controlling Workplace Health Issues
- Unit ID3: Controlling Workplace Safety Issues
How is the NEBOSH International Diploma assessed?
The NEBOSH Diploma takes a practical approach to learning and is assessed entirely through practical work and scenario based questions.
ID1 is assessed with a practical assignment split into 4 sections:
- Scenario based questions
- Work based activities
- Reflective statements
- A short research project
Units ID2 and ID3 are assessed with case studies and scenario based questions.
You will have 4-6 weeks to complete your assessments and submit your work to the NEBOSH online portal. You should spend around 60 hours on your ID1 assignment and 40 hours on your ID2 and ID3 assignments.
What's the difference between the NEBOSH International Diploma and NEBOSH National Diploma?
Both versions of the NEBOSH Diploma offer an advanced look into health and safety management. They both follow the same syllabus and have the same assessments.
The main difference between the two courses is the regulation and legislation. The NEBOSH National Diploma is based on UK legislation, so it's great for anyone working or operating inside the UK.
The NEBOSH International Diploma takes a risk management approach based on best practice and the International Labour Organisation (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultural factors are also included when appropriate. It's perfect for anyone working outside the UK, or in a multi-national organisation.
Why take the NEBOSH International Diploma?
The NEBOSH International Diploma is recognised as the mark of a competent health and safety professional. Combined with practical experience, it'll give the credentials to aim for Head of Health and Safety - and beyond!
The NEBOSH Diploma will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to:
- Proactively manage risk to protect people from injury in dangerous, complex environments.
- Super-charge company performance with an effective health and safety strategy.
- Influence culture, drive change and lead a safety-focused workforce on a global scale.
- Accelerate your career and apply for senior health and safety roles.
Where is the NEBOSH International Diploma recognised?
The NEBOSH International Diploma is recognised by employers and professional membership bodies all around the world. It meets the academic requirements for membership of:
- The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- The International Institute of Risk Management (IIRM)
- The Australian OHS Education Accreditation Board
- Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP)
- The Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- New Zealand Institute of Safety Management (NZISM)
- South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH)
NEBOSH International Diploma study options
Astutis offer the NEBOSH International Diploma via:
- Online learning - our fully-guided, interactive learning experience.
- Distance learning - traditional self-study for independent learners.
Why take your NEBOSH International Diploma with Astutis?
- Reassurance with pass rates well above average
- Ongoing support and guidance from CMIOSH tutors
- Effective learning using case studies, problem solving, and activities
- Exam preparation with revision webinars, practice questions, and mock-exams
- Access to our NEBOSH Diploma LinkedIn group for community learning and support
Contact our NEBOSH course advisors for more information on the NEBOSH International Diploma and help to get started.
Exam venue sitting fees may apply in certain regions, and are payable upon booking exam dates.