NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
Become a specialist in fire safety
The NEBOSH Fire Safety Certificate (NFC) is a popular health and safety qualification specific to the fire industry.
Learn the legal requirements under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO). Discover a range of fire protective and preventative measures. And develop specialist fire risk assessment and hazard control skills.
|NEBOSH Fire Certificate Course Key Facts|
|Learning Method||Classroom, In-company and Virtual|
|Units||FC1: Managing and Controlling Fire Hazards|
FC2: Practical Fire Risk Assessment
|Assessments||A written exam for FC1 and a practical assignment for FC2|
|Entry requirements||Unit NG1 of the NEBOSH General Certificate*|
*This course builds on the content covered in the NEBOSH General Certificate. You must have completed unit NG1 in last the 5 years. If you haven't, please contact our course advisors.
Who is NEBOSH Fire Certificate you?
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate is for anyone responsible for making sure their workplace is fire-safety compliant.
It's also a powerful differentiator for any ambitious health and safety professional. Stand out from the crowd with specific fire risk management skills and establish yourself as a well-rounded health and safety practitioner.
What's covered in the NEBOSH Fire Certificate?
The NEBOSH Fire Certificate has 2 units, each assessed separately:
- FC1 Fire Safety and Risk Management
- FC2 Practical Fire Risk Assessment
For more information click to read the full NEBOSH Fire Certificate syllabus.
How is the NEBOSH Fire Certificate assessed?
You need to pass three assessments to achieve your NEBOSH Fire Certificate.
NG1 is assessed with an online-open book exam. FC1 is assessed with a 2-hour written exam. FC2 is assessed with a practical application assignment. Click here to book your NEBOSH Fire Certificate exam.
Why take the NEBOSH Fire Certificate?
Fire safety management skills are an excellent addition to any health and safety practitioners toolkit. By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Reduce the risk of fire in your workplace
- Make sure your company is fire safety compliant
- Establish yourself as a well-rounded health and safety practitioner
Further qualification recognition
This qualification meets academic requirements for:
- Technical Membership (TechIOSH) of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Healthy (IOSH)
- Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM)
- Associate Membership (AMIFPO) of the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO).
With the right amount of experience, you'll also be able to apply to join the IFPO Fire Risk Assessors Register.
Why take the NEBOSH Fire Certificate with Astutis?
- Success with excellent pass rates above national average
- Expert tutor support with experienced fire safety professionals
- Interactive training with discussions, case studies and application to workplace scenarios
- Confidence that you are well prepared for all exams with revision materials and exam question practice
- Reassurance with continued support on all aspects of your learning
How to start your NEBOSH Fire Certificate course
Get in touch with Astutis today to find out all you need to know about starting your course.
Buy your course now