NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management Course
Looking to develop a career in the environment?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management is a leading qualification on managing environmental risk.
It is ideal for those looking to develop a career in the environment and sustainability and implement effective environmental management systems in their organisation.
|NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management Course Key Facts|
|Learning Methods||Virtual and Classroom|
|Units||2 units: EC1 and EC2|
|Assessments||1 two-hour exam for EC1 plus a practical assignment for EC2|
|Duration||5 days plus 1 exam day|
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management provides an understanding of how to manage environmental risk. It covers environmental legislation, environmental hazards and key features of an Environmental Management System (EMS).
The course takes a practical, risk management approach based on best practice and international industry standards.
What is covered?
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate is divided into two units, each of which is assessed separately:
- EC1 The management and control of environmental hazards
- EC2 Environmental practical application
Read the full NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate syllabus.
How is the NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate assessed?
There is 1 x two-our exam for EC1 consisting of 10 'short answer' questions and 1 'long answer' question. EC2 is a practical work-based assingment which must be completed within 10 days of the written examination.
Further qualification recognition
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate meets the academic requirements for:
- Technician Membership (TechCIWEM) of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM).
- Associate Membership (AIEMA) of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA).
Is the NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate for me?
The qualification is designed for those who are responsible for managing environmental issues as part of their work, as well as those looking to develop a career within the environment and sustainability.
It is suitable for managers, supervisors and employees working in all industry sectors who are looking to implement effective environmental management systems into their organisation.
Why take the NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate?
More and more organisations are recognising the importance of environmental performance to bring about cost savings and operate competitively in the global marketplace.
The NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate will provide you with the skills to effectively manage environmental risk, taking into account new environmental standards and legislation.
Why take the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate with Astutis?
- Expert tutor support from CMIOSH trainers including NEBOSH Certificate examiners
- Effective and interactive learning with experience of applying it to workplace scenarios
- Confidence that you are well prepared for all exams with revision materials and exam question practice
- Reassurance with continued support on all aspects of your learning
- Cost savings - good environmental management can lead to a more efficient use of resources, resulting in substantial cost savings (e.g. raw materials, waste disposal, energy and transport).
- Legal compliance - complying with new environmental standards and legislation can minimise the costs of modifying/replacing equipment and updating working practices. You will be able to help your employer comply with legislation and avoid prosecution, litigation and loss of reputation.
- Enhanced reputation - Many business partners prefer to deal with environmentally responsible companies. Those that are environmentally aware can benefit from better access to capital and lower insurance premiums.
- Reduced risk - managing environmental issues can reduce the risk of environmental incidents and the subsequent cost to business, including: direct cost of sick pay and absence, criminal prosecution, compensation, adverse publicity and harm reputation and profitability.