What is the NEBOSH Diploma?
The NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety is the flagship NEBOSH qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals.
The NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is the flagship NEBOSH qualification. Industry leaders regard it as the qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals.
The NEBOSH Diploma is the most up-to-date and complete toolset for health and safety management infused with engaging and proactive learning methods. The course offers state of the art training with three units designed to cover a wide umbrella involving the management of health and safety, managing hazardous substances and agents, and workplace and work equipment safety. This course can be studied online, virtual, distance and classroom.
The NEBOSH Diploma requires 475 hours to complete, including taught learning hours, self-study hours, and assessment hours.
- Taught Learning Hours: The taught element of the course has a minimum of 191 hours. These are either done through online learning materials or in a tutor-led environment.
- Self-Study Hours: You'll need to complete research and additional study to support and consolidate your learning. NEBOSH recommends 144 hours of self-study hours to ensure a comprehensive learning experience.
- Assessment Hours: There are 140 assessment hours for the NEBOSH Diploma; 60 for ND1, 40 for ND2, and 40 for ND3. You'll have a 4-6 week window to complete your assessment hours, which equates to around 10 hours of work each week.
Who is the NEBOSH Diploma for?
The course is perfect for individuals who are:
- Looking to advance in their health and safety career.
- Looking to assume an advisory role on a vast scope of workplace health and safety issues.
- Looking to play a role in promoting a new positive health and safety culture.
Learners from all backgrounds and cultures try and love the course. Some of the jobs titles our learners had whilst studying are: Health and Safety Managers, Advisors or Officers, Compliance Managers, Training Coordinators, Quality, Risk and Environmental workers, Engineers, Consultants and Directors.
The NEBOSH Diploma has a vast set of benefits for all learners and companies looking to improve their health and safety efforts.
Successful learners will:
- Be able to assume an advisory role on a vast scope of workplace health and safety issues.
- Have the confidence to develop a health and safety policy strategy.
- Know how to construct a risk management strategy.
- Play a vital role in promoting a new positive health and safety culture.
- Learn how to manage contractors and supply chains to ensure complete compliance with crucial health and safety measures.
- Use different styles of health and safety leadership and become an influencing factor in your workplace.
In 2018 the NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals syllabus changed. Check out our blog on the latest important changes of the NEBOSH Diploma here, or visit the course page below.
Related Blogs @Model.Properties.HeaderType>
23 Reasons to Study With Astutis in 2023: Part TwoComplete your understanding of the 23 reasons why we are the industry-standard health, safety and environmental training provider in 2023. Read more here!
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management: Learner Diaries #3Read the final instalment in the trilogy of blogs that document a successful venture into the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management course. Read more here.12.01.23
23 Reasons to Study With Astutis in 2023: Part OneIn this first instalment, we unpack why you should choose to train with Astutis in 2023. We detail 23 reasons, because, well it's 2023! Discover the first eleven reasons here! Read more now.11.01.23
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management: Learner Diaries #2Toby's IEMA Foundation Certificate Learner Diary returns with Part Two. In this instalment he covers Elements 4-6, sharing how he managed to pass first time. Read more here.05.01.23
A Year In-Review: 2022 and Its Effects on Astutis and the Health, Safety and Environmental IndustryAstutis, Managing Director, Steve Terry looks back on the events of 2022 and invites us all to be optimistic as we head towards 2023. Read more here.23.12.22
How To Maximise Your Virtual Training ExperienceAstutis Technical Director, Brenig Moore investigates the world of virtual training, using research and studies to underline the very best practices afforded by virtual training. Read more here.12.12.22
Real Life Stories
Hear What Our Learners Have To Say
"From start to finish the service Astutis have provided has been 5 star. Following the amazing experience I have referred multiple colleagues to complete training with Astutis. Great course, great support and great customer service"Stuart03.02.2023
"I really enjoyed studying Nebosh with Astutis. I had tried to complete the Nebosh Qualification previously but Astutis made it easier to learn and provided great training resources and support."Stuart03.02.2023
"Great customer focus, as usual!"Gary01.02.2023
"Excellent course, thank you"Gary01.02.2023
"Ever since I started with Astitus in 2018 I have completed two qualifications with them and they have always been quick to respond to queries, they have convenient payment options since I'm based in south Africa, I don't always afford to pay cash due to exchange rates. Hilary is super helpful she will communicate new courses and assist with information and enrolment. If it were possible to do my MSc with them, I would have enrolled with them"Philiswa Sister01.02.2023
"The course is very informative and outlines useful information that i will apply on my everyday duties"Philiswa Sister01.02.2023
"Course content was good though the on boarding was an issue with sone to and fro to sort wasting time."26.01.2023
"Content aligned to all learning styles and relevant to risk professionals especially h and s a worthwhile bit of cpd"26.01.2023
"Astutis advisor training course enrolled me quickly on my course. The course was well detailed, well organised and easy access to the platform for my study."Saito26.01.2023
"Good course and well presented. The content is easy to understand with options to listen or read. Videos and flowcharts describe well the content for a better understanding."Saito26.01.2023