How Much Does a NEBOSH Course Cost?
This blog was updated in August 2022.
If you’re thinking about taking a NEBOSH course to develop your health and safety knowledge and get qualified, naturally one of the first questions you’ll have is - how much is it going to cost? Taking any qualification requires an investment in time and money. You want to be reassured that your decision to take a NEBOSH course is the right one before committing. Here, we will answer some of the most common questions on NEBOSH course prices.
Are NEBOSH Course Costs Worth it?
Completing a NEBOSH course is an investment in your career for you and your employer. Not only will it develop your knowledge in health and safety so you can work more effectively and confidently, it’ll also make you more valuable to your employer, thus offering greater job security. NEBOSH are the most popular health and safety qualifications in the UK and other parts of the world; employers demand NEBOSH qualifications from their staff more than any other health & safety qualification, demonstrating its value for companies in all industry sectors. For more on the value of NEBOSH courses, read the post on Why Should You Take a NEBOSH Qualification?
Factors that Influence the Price of a NEBOSH Course
There are various factors that will affect the course price such as:
- The NEBOSH course you choose: there is a range of courses available for different levels of health and safety knowledge, topics and industry sectors for example fire, construction, oil and gas.
- Course duration: each NEBOSH course varies on the number of days/hours needed to complete the course. Those with slightly longer learning hours or support can be more costly.
- NEBOSH learning methods: there are a number of different ways to take a NEBOSH course depending on your circumstances. The course method you choose will affect the overall cost of the course. For example, classroom courses, where you are in a venue for the duration and a tutor leads your learning therefore tends to be the most expensive method. Whereas, online and virtual classroom courses allow you to take the course remotely, offer more flexibility and are less expensive. If you need guidance on choosing the right learning method for your NEBOSH course, read the post on Ways to Take a NEBOSH Course.
You may also find that course providers’ prices vary so it is important to understand exactly what is included in the cost to help you decide on the best NEBOSH course provider for you.
Questions to Ask
Whatever learning method you choose, there are some standard things you need to consider and ask when looking at NEBOSH course providers in order to understand the real value of the course.
Before committing to a course, check the following:
- Does the course cost include exam fees? Find out if the price you are quoted by a course provider includes the exams, this should cover the registration, marking and certification. For each NEBOSH qualification unit there is a fee for each exam and practical assignment so it is crucial you know if this is included in the price of your course to avoid any nasty surprises! Online NEBOSH courses tend not to include exam fees so they will be an additional cost when you are ready to take each unit exam or practical assignment. For example, the NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC) has two exams and 1 practical assignment. The total cost for these 3 exams is £200.
- Does the course cost include NEBOSH Registration? The NEBOSH Diploma has an enrolment cost of £60 in addition to the exams fees and all NEBOSH Diploma students must enrol before registering for the exams and the enrolment lasts for 5 years.
- Does the course cost include VAT? Depending on the country that you reside you may not be eligable for VAT.
- Are there any associated costs? For example additional resources to the course materials such as exam support, webinars. At Astutis, all of our prices are transparent and we do not charge for exam support or webinars.
There are also some more specific questions to ask, depending on what type of course you are looking to take:
Virtual Classroom/ Physical Classroom based courses
Check what the class course price covers in terms of:
- Number of days the course lasts and the timings each day
- Any hard copy learning materials provided
Online / e-learning courses
These involve access to NEBOSH materials online and you study at your own pace; naturally, the course should include access to any online materials required. However, it is also important to check if there are additional costs; find out what is included in the price you are quoted by understanding:
- How long you can access the online materials for and if there is any course extension costs if needed.
- The level and amount of individual tutor and IT support
- How many webinars, online discussion forums and exam/revision guides you will have access to and what they will include.
We would also advise asking for a trial of the online course to help you understand if it is going to be a good fit for you and the way you learn.
Typical Prices for NEBOSH Online Learning
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety £470 (excluding exams & VAT)
- NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction £670 (including exams, excluding VAT)
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety £1150 (virtual classroom course only, excludes VAT)
- NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate £975 (virtual classroom course only, excludes VAT)
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety £1675 (including exams, excluding VAT)
If you would like more information on classroom course prices, please get in touch.
We understand that applying for a course in itself can be overwhelming, read our post on Introduction to NEBOSH Courses to get a clear overview of all key points. Use these questions with potential providers so you understand exactly what is included in the price and any additional costs. A NEBOSH course will offer you more knowledge, increased job security, and create opportunities to develop. Aim to find a provider that will provide you with the tools so you pass your NEBOSH course first time. If you’re paying for the course yourself, visit our blog on funding and financing options.
Working Outside the UK?
If you work outside the UK find out more about the International NEBOSH Courses.
Related Blogs @Model.Properties.HeaderType>
23 Reasons to Study With Astutis in 2023: Part TwoComplete your understanding of the 23 reasons why we are the industry-standard health, safety and environmental training provider in 2023. Read more here!
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management: Learner Diaries #3Read the final instalment in the trilogy of blogs that document a successful venture into the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management course. Read more here.12.01.23
23 Reasons to Study With Astutis in 2023: Part OneIn this first instalment, we unpack why you should choose to train with Astutis in 2023. We detail 23 reasons, because, well it's 2023! Discover the first eleven reasons here! Read more now.11.01.23
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management: Learner Diaries #2Toby's IEMA Foundation Certificate Learner Diary returns with Part Two. In this instalment he covers Elements 4-6, sharing how he managed to pass first time. Read more here.05.01.23
A Year In-Review: 2022 and Its Effects on Astutis and the Health, Safety and Environmental IndustryAstutis, Managing Director, Steve Terry looks back on the events of 2022 and invites us all to be optimistic as we head towards 2023. Read more here.23.12.22
How To Maximise Your Virtual Training ExperienceAstutis Technical Director, Brenig Moore investigates the world of virtual training, using research and studies to underline the very best practices afforded by virtual training. Read more here.12.12.22
Real Life Stories
Hear What Our Learners Have To Say
"From start to finish the service Astutis have provided has been 5 star. Following the amazing experience I have referred multiple colleagues to complete training with Astutis. Great course, great support and great customer service"Stuart03.02.2023
"I really enjoyed studying Nebosh with Astutis. I had tried to complete the Nebosh Qualification previously but Astutis made it easier to learn and provided great training resources and support."Stuart03.02.2023
"Great customer focus, as usual!"Gary01.02.2023
"Excellent course, thank you"Gary01.02.2023
"Ever since I started with Astitus in 2018 I have completed two qualifications with them and they have always been quick to respond to queries, they have convenient payment options since I'm based in south Africa, I don't always afford to pay cash due to exchange rates. Hilary is super helpful she will communicate new courses and assist with information and enrolment. If it were possible to do my MSc with them, I would have enrolled with them"Philiswa Sister01.02.2023
"The course is very informative and outlines useful information that i will apply on my everyday duties"Philiswa Sister01.02.2023
"Course content was good though the on boarding was an issue with sone to and fro to sort wasting time."26.01.2023
"Content aligned to all learning styles and relevant to risk professionals especially h and s a worthwhile bit of cpd"26.01.2023
"Astutis advisor training course enrolled me quickly on my course. The course was well detailed, well organised and easy access to the platform for my study."Saito26.01.2023
"Good course and well presented. The content is easy to understand with options to listen or read. Videos and flowcharts describe well the content for a better understanding."Saito26.01.2023