Introducing the NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma: May 2023 Specification
For more comprehensive information on the May 2023 NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma specification and what the changes mean for you, read our blog.
The NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma May 2023 Specification is here!
NEBOSH has announced a new look NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma course thanks to the May 2023 specification.
Essentially, it's a course update on the specifications whilst the syllabus and learning outcomes remain the same.
So what has changed for the NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals?
There have been several significant changes to the NEBOSH Diploma course; however, NEBOSH is proud to declare no amendments have been made to the NEBOSH Diploma course syllabus or learning outcomes. All the changes made apply to both the national and international incarnations of the course.
The main headline changes are:
- The NEBOSH Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is now called the NEBOSH Diploma Level 6 for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals.
- As the new title suggests, the course is remains a RFQ level 6 qualification worth 43 credits for the National Diploma, and 42 credits for the International Diploma.
- The course is now a level 6 qualification. NEBOSH has accredited the course's national and international versions with Ofqual.
- Both the National And International Diploma have moved to Ofqual regulation and are both recognised for IOSH membership.
- The course unit names have been changed. Instead of ND/ID, the units will be named DN (for national learners) and DI (for international learners).
- The assessment phase duration has been reduced. Under the May 2023 specification, the assessment phase will shed 60 hours of time to give learners a more fluid experience. The assessment submission windows are also reducing in length. For more details, read our blog.
- Despite the syllabus remaining the same, all three NEBOSH Diploma assessments have lowered total marks.
- DN1/DI1 will reduce from 550 to 300 total marks - 50% passmark.
- DN2/ID2 will reduce from 375 to 175 total marks - 50% passmark.
- DN3/DI3 will reduce from 230 to 175 total marks - 50% passmark.
- The qualification grade is based on the following boundaries;
- Distinction: 226% or higher
- Credit: 196% - 225%
- Pass: 150% - 195%
What is Ofqual?
Ofqual are NEBOSH's new course accreditor, or in simpler terms, the organisation that assesses their courses to understand what level they are. The change to Ofqual allows the course to remain a RQF level-6 qualification. It will not impact any learner interaction with the course.
Will the NEBOSH Diploma May 2023 Specification update affect existing NEBOSH Diploma Learners?
Ofqual will accept previously achieved units of the NEBOSH Diploma (July 2020 specification) as recognised prior learning towards the May 2023 specification. Provided, you pass at least one unit that Ofqual regulates, you will receive a parchment with an Ofqual logo on it, therefore ensuring you pass under the May 2023 specification.
What is the NEBOSH Diploma?
The NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is in-depth look into health and safety legislation, hazardous agents, equipment, and workplace safety. It develops the skills and knowledge to become a competent health and safety practitioner. For more information on the course, visit our NEBOSH Diploma course page.
Read Astutis' comprehensive 'May 2023 Specification' blog:
For more comprehensive details on the changes, the May 2023 specification brings to the NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma course, read our blog here, which covers everything on the new Diploma. The blog outlines every change, significant and small to paint the most accurate picture of the NEBOSH Diploma, after the May 2023 specification update.
After analysing NEBOSH's May 2023 specification update, Astutis Managing Director, Steve Terry commented;
“We are very excited to see how learners interact with the enhanced level-6 May 2023 specification. Learners will enjoy the new streamlined assessment process, affording more time and flexibility throughout the course. NEBOSH’s partnership with Ofqual now incorporates IOSH membership as an outcome of the course – there has never been a better time to enrol for the NEBOSH Level 6 Diploma. We cannot wait to see how our learners get on!”.
If you want the latest health, safety and environmental industry trends, expert insights, and course offers, sign up for our free newsletter by inputting your email address below!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter.
Real Life Stories
Hear What Our Learners Have To Say
"Good course content, appropriately paced & delivered with opportunities for questions & group discussion."05.06.2023
"Good course content & paced."05.06.2023
"Astutis was in contact with me at all times. They responded very quickly to my queries. It was a pleasure dealing with Astutis"Axel05.06.2023
"Instructor had good knowledge of the subject. There were good discussions between the team members and the course material was well layed out."Axel05.06.2023
"Course material is comprehensive and good for learning my chosen subject."Michael05.06.2023
"My distance learning course is flexible on time to complete to fit around my demanding day job."Michael05.06.2023
"I have felt so supported through our my NEBOSH journey. Nothing was too much trouble for them. It was such a positive uplifting experience that come exam day I didn't feel nervous at all"Lindsay24.05.2023
"Really great information that I could constantly access to relearn or check things"Lindsay24.05.2023
"Good level of detail on all areas covered"15.05.2023
"A good level of content. practise questions were very useful"15.05.2023