- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- MSc Environmental Risk Management
- BSc (Hons) Geography
- FdSc Environmental and Occupational Health
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Defence Awarding Organisation Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
- CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management (QCF)
- BOHS IOHA W505 - Noise Measurement and its Effects, BOHS IOHA W506 - Ergonomics Essentials, BOHS P601 - Commissioning and Thorough Examination and Testing of Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems
- Graduate Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Specialist Member of International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM)
- Member of Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Dafydd is a Health and Safety consultant with significant expertise in environmental and occupational hygiene. He has completed over 10 years of duty with the Royal Air Force and has extensive experience both in the UK and overseas, in assessing and controlling risks to personnel and the environment.
Starting his career as an Environmental and Occupational Health Practitioner, Dafydd provided specialist health and hygiene support to all Royal Air Force Unites within the UK and abroad. During this post, Dafydd was responsible for conducting occupational hygiene surveys relating to asbestos and chemical or biological materials. He also carried out various assessments of ventilation systems, thermal environments and gave critical advice on management of occupational hygiene hazards, personal protective equipment and suitable risk control strategies.
Dafydd took his next steps in health and safety as a Station Environmental and Occupational Health Practitioner where he reported to the Station Medical officer on all environmental, health and safety, occupational hygiene and public health matters affecting the Air Station. He was responsible for 7,500 personnel at Brize Norton and 3,500 personnel at RAF Benson. He was also, deployed on two operational tours of duty to the Middle East and Afghanistan.
Dafydd currently works for Astutis as a Health and Safety consultant, delivering the NEBOSH General and International Certificates, IOSH Working Safely and Managing Safely courses, as well as IEMA Environmental Certificates.
Skills and Experience
An experienced auditor and inspector, Dafydd has taught all aspects of environmental and occupational health and safety across various formats including the BSC (Hons) Environmental and Occupational Health, NEBOSH General Certificate as well as military specific training courses. As part of his role as a Senior Instructor in environmental and Occupational health he has also provided pre-deployment health briefs to personnel going overseas outlining the health hazards and highlighting control and preventative measures.
Dafydd has also undertaken environmental and occupational health and safety assessments of aircraft maintenance hangars as well as all other support sections across the station including engineering, offices, domestic, retail and leisure facilities. He has also regularly provided specialist advice on food hygiene, occupational hygiene, communicable disease control, pest control and environmental management. Furthermore, Dafydd has excellent awareness and understanding of Management Systems including HSG 65, OHSAS18001 and ISO14001.