- NEBOSH National Diploma
- NEBOSH National Certificate
- Planning Supervision Certificate
- City & Guilds 7306 Adult & Further Education Teaching Certificate
- Noise Assessment Competent Person Certificate
- Surrey Fire Brigade Risk Assessment & Fire Fighting Course
- Various management and leadership skills courses
- CDM Co-ordinator training.
- Site Manager Safety Training Scheme Course (CITB)
- Inspection and Use of Safety Harness’s
- Abrasive Wheels Instructor course
- Manual Handling Train the Trainer course
- Scaffold Tower Erection (CITB)
- IEH Intermediate Food Safety Certificate
- CMIOSH Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
Chris began his career in health and safety when he was employed as the Operations Manager for plastics moulding operations at The Body Shop PLC. He was looking for a new career challenge, having been a manager of various departments; the business had just taken on a new safety manager and wanted somebody to join the team to learn the role of health and safety advisor.
Chris took and passed his NEBOSH Certificate in 1996 and his NEBODH Diploma in 1999 whilst also gaining valuable experience of a rapidly growing business. As his role involved training in-house staff on health and safety best practice, he took and passed the Adult and Further Education Teaching Certificate (City & Guilds).
In 2000, the business sold off its manufacturing division and Chris became the safety manager for the new business.
For the next two years, the business shifted from manufacturing everything ‘in-house’ to predominantly out sourcing. At this time he was looking to move on, and so Chris joined a consultancy business within the construction sector where his main role was to help companies that were having building work carried out in operational areas on new build projects as well as large refurbishments and demolition projects. He started working around CDM and passed his Construction Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Certificate from the CITB, and joined the Association of Planning Supervisors (now APS).
Skills and Experience
In 2006, Chris took a change of direction and started teaching IOSH and NEBOSH courses for a health and safety training company, as well as undertook a number of consultancy projects. During this period he progressed to a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
Chris has worked with some high profile clients such as Network Rail, The Law Society, Mclaren F1. He has also delivered training on an international scale in countries including Kazakhstan, India, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and Europe.