NEBOSH Construction Certificate Syllabus
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety qualification is recognised throughout the construction industry. It is also a first step in forging a career in health and safety.
The course is split into 3 units which are assessed individually. These consist of 2 taught units and a work-based assignment to complete - designed to demonstrate application of the knowledge leaners have gained over the course of the previous units.
Overall learning outcomes
On completion of each unit, learners should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the domain knowledge covered by:
- The application of knowledge to familar and unfamiliar situations.
- The critical analysis and evaluation of information presented in both quantitative and qualititative forms.
N.B. Each element will have additional specific learning outcomes.
Full course syllabus
Unit NG1: Management of health & safety
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NCC1: Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Element 1: Construction law and management
- Element 2: Construction site - hazards and risk control
- Element 3: Vehicle and plant movement - hazards and risk control
- Element 4: Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 5: Work equipment - hazards and risk control
- Element 6: Electrical safety
- Element 7: Fire safety
- Element 8: Chemical and biological health - hazards and risk control
- Element 9: Physical and psychological health - hazards and risk control
- Element 10: Working at height - hazards and risk control
- Element 11: Excavation work and confined spaces - hazards and risk control
- Element 12: Demolition and deconstruction - hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2: Construction health and safety practical application
- 2.1: Purpose and aim
- 2.3: Assessment location
- 2.4: Assessment requirements
- 2.5: Submission of completed work
- 2.6: Further information
Study methods for staff on NEBOSH Construction Certificate
Find the best study solution to suit your staff needs:
- Convenient online learning or staff with our multimedia-rich learning & progress reports for managers
- At your place of work, for multiple staff members
If you are an individual looking to complete your NEBOSH Contruction Certificate then please visit our page on Public Classroom Courses.
Choose how to learn
"The course was delivered in a professional manner and the tutor answered all the questions asked."
Project Manager at Centregreat Rail
NEBOSH Construction Certificate at Cardiff