NEBOSH Update - August 2022
The following is a statement regarding award recognition from NEBOSH
NEBOSH qualifications are recognised by several professional bodies around the world. These include the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) in America, International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM), the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) and the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH).
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – which has accredited NEBOSH qualifications for many years – has recently updated its accreditation processes.
NEBOSH has mapped its qualifications to IOSH’s new competency framework, securing ongoing accreditation for the following list of qualifications. Learners with these qualifications will meet the new academic requirements to apply for IOSH membership at the appropriate grade*:
- National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals (July 2020 specification) – GradIOSH
- National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (November 2015 specification) – GradIOSH
- National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (October 2018 specification) – Associate membership or TechIOSH with appropriate experience
- National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (November 2014 specification) – Associate membership or TechIOSH with appropriate experience
- National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (November 2014 specification) – Associate membership or TechIOSH with appropriate experience
- National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management (November 2014 specification) – Associate membership or TechIOSH with appropriate experience
- Applications for the corresponding International versions of the Diploma and General Certificate qualifications have also been made to IOSH.
Changes to IOSH criteria
As part of the changes to its accreditation processes, IOSH will no longer accredit qualifications that are not regulated. NEBOSH’s regulator, SQA Accreditation, does not currently regulate outside of the UK and therefore does not permit use of its logo on parchments where learners took their assessments elsewhere. This means that any NEBOSH learner who takes/has taken their qualification assessment outside of the UK will not be eligible to use their NEBOSH qualification towards IOSH membership unless they have registered/enrolled with NEBOSH by 31 August 2022.
NEBOSH is acutely aware of its responsibility to deliver high quality qualifications and assessments. Although SQA Accreditation does not regulate overseas, all NEBOSH qualifications – Astutis, a NEBOSH Learning Partner – must adhere to the same processes, quality checks and high standards. NEBOSH also holds the ISO 9001 quality management standard, reassurance of the high standards we hold ourselves to.
For the latest information on the changes, please refer to NEBOSH's statement which can be accessed by selecting the button below.
Real Life Stories
Hear What Our Learners Have To Say
"I have felt so supported through our my NEBOSH journey. Nothing was too much trouble for them. It was such a positive uplifting experience that come exam day I didn't feel nervous at all"Lindsay24.05.2023
"Really great information that I could constantly access to relearn or check things"Lindsay24.05.2023
"Good level of detail on all areas covered"15.05.2023
"A good level of content. practise questions were very useful"15.05.2023
"The course was great, very through and professionally taught. The facilitator Huw did a brilliant job of teaching each subject/element in context through great examples and stories."03.05.2023
"The content was interesting, relevant and up to date. The teacher was fun, engaging and did a great job of giving real life examples and stories that helped put it all into context."03.05.2023
"I liked the course. I thought the practice exam could have been better with only 18 questions for a practice exam when the real exam is 30. Also the marking references didn't match your handbook, possibly due to it being an IEMA practice exam,"Andrew03.05.2023
"Good course. Some cheeky questions in the exam which have no real connection to environment and were more like HR questions around ethics and diversity"Andrew03.05.2023
"Good communication with info sent in a timely manner"13.04.2023
"An interesting course with good and relevant content"13.04.2023