NEBOSH Update - August 2022
The following is a statement regarding award recognition from NEBOSH
NEBOSH qualifications are recognised by several professional bodies around the world. These include the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) in America, International Institute of Risk & Safety Management (IIRSM), the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP) and the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH).
The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – which has accredited NEBOSH qualifications for many years – has recently updated its accreditation processes.
NEBOSH has mapped its qualifications to IOSH’s new competency framework, securing ongoing accreditation for the following list of qualifications. Learners with these qualifications will meet the new academic requirements to apply for IOSH membership at the appropriate grade*:
- National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals (July 2020 specification) – GradIOSH
- National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (November 2015 specification) – GradIOSH
- National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (October 2018 specification) – Associate membership or TechIOSH with appropriate experience
- National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (November 2014 specification) – Associate membership or TechIOSH with appropriate experience
- National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (November 2014 specification) – Associate membership or TechIOSH with appropriate experience
- National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management (November 2014 specification) – Associate membership or TechIOSH with appropriate experience
- Applications for the corresponding International versions of the Diploma and General Certificate qualifications have also been made to IOSH.
Changes to IOSH criteria
As part of the changes to its accreditation processes, IOSH will no longer accredit qualifications that are not regulated. NEBOSH’s regulator, SQA Accreditation, does not currently regulate outside of the UK and therefore does not permit use of its logo on parchments where learners took their assessments elsewhere. This means that any NEBOSH learner who takes/has taken their qualification assessment outside of the UK will not be eligible to use their NEBOSH qualification towards IOSH membership unless they have registered/enrolled with NEBOSH by 31 August 2022.
NEBOSH is acutely aware of its responsibility to deliver high quality qualifications and assessments. Although SQA Accreditation does not regulate overseas, all NEBOSH qualifications – Astutis, a NEBOSH Learning Partner – must adhere to the same processes, quality checks and high standards. NEBOSH also holds the ISO 9001 quality management standard, reassurance of the high standards we hold ourselves to.
For the latest information on the changes, please refer to NEBOSH's statement which can be accessed by selecting the button below.
Real Life Stories
Hear What Our Learners Have To Say
"I felt a divine prompting to seek my Boss's recommendation when considering another learning partner, and she graciously suggested Astutis. Choosing Astutis turned out to be a decision without regrets. Even when I didn't pass the RA on my first attempt, the Director's response to my inquiries boosted my confidence to request a remark, which was facilitated at no extra cost thanks to the Director's advocacy. Astutis provided unwavering support throughout my journey, from inception to completion. I eagerly anticipate enrolling in additional courses and pursuing a diploma with them."Femi20.02.2024
"Nebosh need to be consistent with the marking, I felt the marking can be somehow subjective. Different marker graded same script differently. I failed the first time because someone(marker) didn't understand the guideline and the second marker did mentioned something different. Good study material and content."Femi20.02.2024
"Provided all necessary supporting documentation alongside the virtual training."Jodie20.02.2024
"I found the NG1 course particularly useful in understanding what was required for the exam."Jodie20.02.2024
"Good communication, helpful and friendly"06.02.2024
"Interesting and relevant."06.02.2024
"ASTUTIS has good customer care. They trustworthy and coordinative .They work as a team. A special thanks goes to madam Hilary for the great work rendered."Rogers06.02.2024
"I thought the course was so easy but I found it even tougher than IGC but interesting when you get used to it."Rogers06.02.2024
"Easy to deal with - course materials good"Rick06.02.2024
"10 days seems a long time for the syllabus Also the class sizes are quite large leading to logistical issues"Rick06.02.2024