NEBOSH General Certificate in Reading
The NEBOSH Certificate in Reading provides you with a broad understanding of key health and safety issues in a more structured, tutor-led classroom course.
As the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK, benefit from interactive training with discussions, case studies, sharing workplace scenarios and problem solving with fellow professionals to apply concepts to the workplace and prepare for the exams.
|NEBOSH General Certificate Course - Key Facts|
|Duration||2 split weeks|
|Units||2 units: NG1 and NG2|
An online open-book assessment
A 3-hour practical risk assessment carried out in the workplace to demonstrate the knowledge learned in elements 5-11.
Course dates in Reading
There are currently no course dates scheduled for Reading. The nearest available venue is London Heathrow. View all London Heathrow course dates.
Is the NEBOSH Certificate for me?
The NEBOSH Certificate is aimed at those working in health and safety and want to develop a career in safety management. It is suitable for managers, supervisors and operational staff from all functions not just health and safety, from organisations in all sectors.
Why take the NEBOSH Certificate?
It is the most requested qualification in health & safety by employers. It provides a sound basis for further study and becoming a health & safety specialist and is considered a core qualification for general management.
You will be confident with the knowledge and practical skill set to provide a safe working environment and the cost, time saving and reputational benefits this brings to organisations.
Further qualification recognition
This qualification meets academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH) of IOSH and Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
What will I learn on the course?
The NEBOSH Certificate is divided into two units, both of which are assessed separately:
- NG1 Management of Health and Safety
- NG2 Risk Assessment
For more information about the course click to read the NEBOSH Certificate syllabus.
How is the NEBOSH Certificate assessed?
There are two assessments for the NEBOSH General Certificate:
- An online open-book assessment
- A 3-hour practical risk assessment carried out in the workplace to demonstrate the knowledge learned in elements 5-11.
You need to pass both assessments to achieve your NEBOSH General Certificate. Further information about open book exams as well as frequently asked questions, is available in the Learner Guide.
What is included in the Astutis NEBOSH Certificate course?
All NEBOSH National Certificate classroom course materials are created in-house by our learning development team to ensure consistency, quality and currency of information.
- All NEBOSH examination and registration fees
- Comprehensive online resources to HSE guidance, legislation, exam questions and more
- Course materials include a workbook for syndicate exercises
- Expert tutor support including NEBOSH Certificate examiners
- Lunch and refreshments each day at the venue
- Exam questions marked with constructive feedback
Why take the NEBOSH Certificate with Astutis?
The many benefits of taking your NEBOSH Certificate with Astutis include:
- Success with excellent pass rates consistently from 90-100%
- Expert CMIOSH trainers including NEBOSH Certificate examiners to lead your learning
- Effective and interactive learning with experience of applying it to workplace scenarios
- Confidence that you are well prepared for all exams with revision materials and exam question practice
- Reassurance with continued support on all aspects of your learning
- Comprehensive online/offline resource centre
- Sharing your learning with with other professionals and tutors
How to start your NEBOSH Certificate course
Get qualified now with the popular NEBOSH Certificate course from Astutis. Find out all you need to know about starting your course by completing the form on this page or click the button below.