NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
Train your staff to carry out effectively incident investigation of non-complex incidents
Taking this NEBOSH Introduction to Incident Investigation course means your staff will have the necessary skills to carry out an unaided incident investigation of non-complex incidents. This can prevent similar accidents occurring in the future. NEBOSH has collaborated on the development of this specialist qualification with the British Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The qualification therefore benefits from the joint influence of two prestigious health and safety institutions into one day of incident investigation training.
|NEBOSH Incident Investigation Key Facts|
|Assessments||1 practical assessment at the end of the course, lasting 1 hour|
There are 4 steps to good incident investigation and this course takes learners through each of these in turn. Having completed this qualification, students will have the necessary skills to carry out an unaided incident investigation of a non-complex incident. This can then decrease the likelihood of repeat incidents occurring.
The course is introductory level and has no entry requirements - although it is recommended that students have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety. This qualification is aimed at managers, supervisors, SHE Champions, union representatives and aspiring health and safety practitioners.
When selecting this course you can choose for it to be run based around one of three scenarios. This enables you to pick the scenario that is most relevant and applicable to your team and sector. The choices are:
Accident 1: Office Environment
Accident 2: Plant room/workshop environment
Accident 3: Stores / warehouse environment
Please speak to your account manager when booking this course for further information on the selection of a course scenario.
Once your team have taken this course they will be able to:
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture of the organisation
Benefits of in-company NEBOSH training:
- Savings on travel and accommodation
- More cost efficient than sending individuals on courses and a cheaper delegate cost (when training 4+ delegates)
- No minimum number of delegates required
- The support of a qualified Astutis Consultant at every step of the way
- More relevant - discussions and examples relate to the challenges and situations experienced by the group
- You choose the dates, timescales and delivery pattern!