NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence
Put health and safety leadership at the heart of your business
Developed with the Health and Safety Executive, the NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence gives business leaders an understanding of how their behaviour and responsibilities impact health and safety management and culture.
Now available via Virtual learning! The safe, reliable way to get NEBOSH certified.
|NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health & Safety Leadership Excellence Key Facts|
|Learning method||Virtual or in-company|
|Units||HSL1: Health and Safety Leadership|
|Assessment||Reflective statements and a post-course action plan|
|Level||Equivalent to level 3 within the NQF or A-level standard|
Who is the course for?
The course is designed to support all business leaders, not just those in health and safety, such as Directors, Head of Departments and Senior Managers.
Health and safety is a key performance indicator for any forward-thinking company. This qualification will help your leadership team:
- Drive down the costs associated with workplace incidents, injuries and ill-health.
- Put health and safety at the heart of all business decisions and day-to-day activities.
- Perform in a way that positively impacts health and safety culture.
- Lead and inspire others to drive health and safety throughout the business, protecting workers and contributing to profitability and compliance.
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Health and Safety Leadership Excellence is focused around the HSE's 5 leadership values to make sure health and safety is factored in all business decisions.
The course is split into 3 main elements:
Element 1: The Foundations of Health and Safety Leadership
- Reasons for health and safety leadership, health and safety vision and business benefits
- The moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership
- Leadership team assurance
- The influence of good health and safety leadership on health and safety culture
Element 2: Human Failures and Decision Making
- The influence of human failure on culture and the 'make it happen' model of behavioural change
- Decision making processes, mental short cuts, perception biases and habits
Element 3: Leadership
- Leadership styles
- Five leadership values and supporting foundations
- Building relationships with the workforce
Learners will need to complete reflective statements at different points throughout the course. The statements will need to highlight how their knowledge, skills and behaviours can have a positive and negative effect on health and safety performance at their company and be based on:
- Building and promoting a share health and safety vision
- Being considerate and responsive
- Providing support and recognition
- Promoting fairness and trust in relationships with others
- Encouraging improvement and innovation and learning
Learners are also required to make a post-course action plan. The plan should include a commitment to a leadership intervention that will improve health and safety management within their area of influence.
Train your staff safely with virtual learning
Using the latest video conferencing technology, our virtual NEBOSH HSE Certificate course brings our leading tutor-led training straight to you. Same gold standard training, same results.