NEBOSH Fire Certificate Syllabus
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management qualification is recognised throughout the fire safety industry. It is also a first step in forging a career in health and safety.
The current course is split into 3 units which are assessed individually - 2 taught modules and a work-based assignment to complete which will demonstrate the application of the knowledge learners have gained over the course of the previous units.
On 01 March 2021, NEBOSH announced the launch of a new Fire Safety qualification syllabus. The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety will replace both the current UK and International NEBOSH Certificates in Fire Safety and Risk Management. It can be studied from 1 May 2021. The new qualification includes an open book examination and a practical fire risk assessment. Download the new NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety Factsheet.
Current Overall learning outcomes
On completion of each unit, learners should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the domain knowledge covered by:
- The application of knowledge to familiar and unfamiliar situations.
- The critical analysis and evaluation of information presented in both quantitative and qualitative forms.
N.B. Each element will have additional specific learning outcomes.
Current course syllabus
Unit NG1: Management of health and safety
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit FC1: Fire safety and risk management
- Element 1: Managing fire safety
- Element 2: Principles of fire and explosion
- Element 3: Causes and prevention of fires and explosion
- Element 4: Fire protection in buildings
- Element 5: Safety of people in the event of fire
- Element 6: Fire safety risk assessment
Unit FC2: Fire safety practical application
- 1.1: Purpose and aim
- 1.2: Marking
- 1.3: Assessment location
- 1.4: Assessment requirements
- 1.5: submission of completed work
- 1.6: Further information
NEBOSH National Fire Certificate Course: Further Information
Choosing to study for your qualification with Astutis means you can undertake the NEBOSH National Fire Certificate course in either of the following ways:
- At your place of work, for multiple staff members
For further details on this course, click on the button below:
If you are an individual looking to complete your NEBOSH Fire Certificate, please visit our page on Public Classroom Courses.