IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers Training for Staff
Ensure your site managers know their hse responsibilities
This IOSH course has replaced IOSH Managing Safely in Construction by IOSH.
Did you know that 60,000 workers die on construction sites every year? Be reassured by the fact that 70% of accidents can be prevented if good safety standards are adopted. Don't let a poor health and safety management limit your success in getting new construction projects.
This IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers course has replaced the IOSH Managing Safely in Construction. This IOSH course will help your managers achieve a safer working environment. It offers a practical guide to managing the health, safety and environmental risks associated with a construction site.
This course has been approved by CITB and Build UK. This gives employers access the CITB levy to claim grant funding for placing staff on this course.
|IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers Key Facts|
|Content||7 Modules that can be tailored for your company|
|Assessments||End of course assessment|
Who is the course for?
It is for people with line management responsibilities working in construction and need to understand their legal and practical health and safety and environmental responsibilities.
Our construction tutors can come to your site to deliver IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for construction site managers. As part of the course, managers will learn a variety of techniques to correctly implement the following:
- Local law and enforcement
- Preparing for work
- General management of the site, workers and contractors including for example:
- the importance of method statements
- the use of permits to work.
- The importance of managing environmental aspects and impacts related to construction projects
- Principles underpinning effective construction design and management
- The key issues and control of working at height including for example:
- plans and risk assessments
- roofs and fragile surfaces
- working platforms and ladders
- management, use and stability of scaffolds
- fall arrest and suspension equipment.
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
Benefits of IOSH Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers
- More proactive site managers who are confident to develop a robust safety culture
- Globally-recognised IOSH certification to improve the company reputation
- Peace of mind of quality training delivered by experts to help achieve compliance
- Effective IOSH training will reduce the cost of accidents and sickness by 40% and resulti in greater productivity
- Tailored training to your company's needs so your team has an enagaging and relevant experience