Rospa Level 3 Manual Handling Trainers Syllabus
This accredited manual handling trainers course has been designed with the aim of developing a confident and motivated, professionally qualified manual handling trainer.
On completion of the manual handling trainers course, individuals should be able to:
Deliver tailored manual handling training to employees based on a task analysis in line with current best practice.
The course is underpinned by knowledge and skills of:
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992 and associated legislation
- Reasons for managing manual handling risks within the workplace
- Principles of manual handling risk assessment
- Structure and function of the spine
- Risk factors for back pain
- Basic spinal biomechanics
- Application of efficient movement principles to routine loads, non-routine loads, pushing and pulling and team handling
- Teaching and mentoring skills that facilitate the learning and development of the workforce in relation to manual handling
- The importance of a manual handling trainer maintaining continuing professional development.