Latest Consultations from the HSE
The HSE are currently reviewing a number of Approved Code of Practices (ACOP) which will have implications for landlords, caterers and business owners. A selection of these have been highlighted. Please visit the HSE website for further information and advice.
This Consultative Document (CD258) sets out proposals from HSE to publish an updated Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) on Legionnaire’s disease: ‘The control of legionella bacteria in water systems’. The consultation began on 3 June and will close on 23 August 2013.
The consultative document CD253 invites views on the revised Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L24 “Workplace health, safety and welfare”. L24 is relevant to a wide range of people, employers, building owners, managers and worker representatives. The consultation aims to establish if the changes make it easier for employers to understand and meet their legal obligations.Changes include:
- Removing out-of-date duties and requirements that are superseded by new regulations.
- Simplifying the language to clarify what dutyholders must do to comply with the Workplace Regulations.
- Updating the publication to include the provisions of the Miscellaneous Amendment Regs 2002.
- Improving guidance, referring to the most up-to-date and relevant advice.
This consultation began on 7 May 2013 and ends on 30 July 2013.
The consultative document on the revised Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) L56 “Safe installation and use of gas systems and appliances” provides practical guidance on how to comply with:
- the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 (SI 1998 No 2451) (GSIUR);
- sections 2(1), 2(c), 3(1) and 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, with regards to standards of training in safe gas installation.
This consultation is relevant to a wide range of people, from those installing, servicing, maintaining or repairing gas appliances and other gas fittings, to suppliers and users of gas, including some landlords.
If you require advice or have any health and safety concerns relating to your business, we would be happy to help. Get in touch on 0345 241 3685.