NEBOSH International General Certificate Course
Start your career in health and safety
Employers all around the world are calling out for health and safety professionals - and this is your way in.
The NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (IGC) is a leading health and safety qualification. It will teach you fundamentals of risk management so that you can create a safety and healthy workplace.
It's based on international best practice to help drive standards in workplace all around the world.
|NEBOSH International General Certificate Course Key Facts|
|Learning Methods|| Online, OnlinePlus+, Virtual and In-company|
|Units||IG1: Management of International Health and Safety|
IG2: Practical Assessment
|Exams||An open-book online exam and practical assignment|
What is the NEBOSH International Certificate?
The NEBOSH International Certificate is an international version of the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
The course focuses on the role of a real-life health and safety professional working outside the UK. It looks at the everyday workplace risks and how you can manage them to help protect people and profit.
It'll give you the foundation knowledge to make recommendations to your employer to help them improve health and safety management.
Who is the NEBOSH International Certificate for?
The NEBOSH International Certificate is for people working or living outside of the UK. If you work in the UK, then take a look at the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
The course is aimed at people new to health and safety, including budding Health and Safety Officers, Managers, Operational Managers and Directors.
You don't need any previous health and safety knowledge or experience to take the course. But you will need to have a good level of English to be able to understand complex concepts and discuss them in your exam.
What's covered in the NEBOSH International Certificate?
The course takes a risk management approach based on best practice and the International Labour Organisation (ILO) codes of practice. Local laws and cultures are included where appropriate.
The course is divided into 2 units:
- IG1: Management of international health and safety
- IG2: Practical risk assessment
Click here for the full NEBOSH International Certificate syllabus.
How is the new NEBOSH International Certificate assessed?
There are two assessments for the NEBOSH General Certificate:
- An online open-book assessment assessing your knowledge of elements 1-4.
- A practical risk assessment assessing your understanding of elements 5-11.
You need to pass both assessments to achieve your NEBOSH International General Certificate. Further information about open book exams as well as frequently asked questions, is available in the Learner Guide.
Why take the NEBOSH International Certificate?
By taking the NEBOSH International Certificate you'll be able to:
- Make sure your company is health and safety compliant
- Manage health and safety issues and minimise workplace risks
- Identify and control common workplace hazards
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a health and safety action plan and measure its performance
- Kick start a career in health and safety
Professional Membership Recognition
The NEBOSH International Certificate meets the academic requirements for:
- Technical membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (Tech IOSH)
- Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk Management (AIIRSM)
- Associate Membership of the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH)
- Registered Safety Technician/Safety Professional status by the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (CRST/CRSP)