NEBOSH National Diploma Syllabus
The NEBOSH National Diploma provides an in-depth look into health and safety legislation, hazardous agents, equipment, and workplace safety. It develops the skills and knowledge to become a competent health and safety practitioner.
The syllabus builds directly upon the knowledge and skills gained from the NEBOSH General Certificate.
Studying outside the UK? Take a look at the NEBOSH International Diploma course.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Review health and safety arrangements within a workplace and produce justified recommendation to reduce risk and improve health and safety performance.
- Implement an effective health and safety management strategy at an operational level.
- Recognise and control major aspects of health and safety within a workplace.
- Reduce costs by preventing accidents and ill-health of employees and thus improving productivity.
Unit A: Managing Health and Safety
This unit provides an in-depth understanding of the key areas for managing health and safety, covering moral, economic and societal drivers, health & safety law and health & safety management systems.
- A1 - Principles of health & safety management
- A2 - Principles of health & safety law
- A3 - Criminal Law
- A4 - Civil Law
- A5 - Loss causation and incident investigation
- A6 - Measuring and reviewing health and safety
- A7 - Identifying hazards, assessing and evaluating risk
- A8 - Risk control
- A9 - Organisational factors
- A10 - Human factors
- A11 - The role of health & safety practitioner
Unit B: Hazardous Agents in the Workplace
Unit B details all major aspects of managing chemical, biological, physical and physiological hazards in the workplace.
- B1 - Managing Occupational Health
- B2 - Identification, assessment & evaluation of hazardous substances
- B3 - Control of hazardous substances
- B4 - Monitoring and measuring
- B5 - Biological agents
- B6 - Physical agents - noise and vibration
- B7 - Physical agents - radiation
- B8 - Mental ill-health & dealing with violence & aggression at work
- B9 - Musculoskeletal risks and controls
- B10 - Work environment risks and controls
Unit C: Workplace and Work Equipment Safety
Unit C provides a thorough understanding of how to create and manage safe working environments, covering welfare, fire, dangerous substances, work equipment, electricity, construction and transport.
- C1 - Workplace welfare requirements and specific workplace issues
- C2 - Fire and explosion
- C3 - Workplace fire risk assessment
- C4 - Storage, handling and processing of dangerous substances
- C5 - Work equipment (general)
- C6 - Work equipment (workplace machinery)
- C7 - Mobile, lifting, access and work at height equipment
- C8 - Electrical safety
- C9 - Construction & works of a temporary nature - hazards and controls
- C10 - Workplace transport and driving for work
Unit DNI: Application of Health and Safety Theory and Practice
Unit DNI is an 8,000 word written assignment set by NEBOSH. It's designed to demonstrate the application of the knowledge you have gained through all previous units.
The completed assignment should be submitted electronically to be marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH.
Units A, B and C are each assessed by a three-hour written question paper. Each exam has 11 questions, split into 2 sections, with a total of 120 marks available.
Unit DNI is a written assignment which assess the practical application of your new knowledge. You must demonstrate your understanding of the role of a health and safety practitioner and your ability to respond to risk and improve performance.
e-learning IOSH Managing Safely
IOSH course which I about to complete, which it gives me support to my CV as well as improve my knowledge.Ellis Melvin Do Rosario - 20-07-2020
e-learning IOSH Working Safely
Great course I am yet to complete the course however the tutorials and information are easy to understand I would recommend this to anyone looking to get into the health and safety sector.Tyrone C - 15-07-2020
Online IEMA Foundation Certificate
Good value for the money, but see comments above.Mitch - 15-07-2020
NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Online Course
Quick response to questions.Trusted Customer - 15-07-2020
eLearning - OPEN
I thought this course is great and I'm really enjoying access to the elements at any time of the day of my choice it really helps with lifestyle balance.Ryan - 13-07-2020
eLearning - OPEN
Excelente content and well structured. As an improvement advise, would be good to have subtitles on podcasts and videos.Maikel Michelon - 09-07-2020