NEBOSH Construction Certificate Syllabus
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety qualification is recognised throughout the construction industry. It is also a first step in forging a career in health and safety.
The course is split into 3 units which are assessed individually. These consist of 2 taught units and a work-based assignment to complete - designed to demonstrate application of the knowledge leaners have gained over the course of the previous units.
Overall learning outcomes
On completion of each unit, learners should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the domain knowledge covered by:
- The application of knowledge to familar and unfamiliar situations.
- The critical analysis and evaluation of information presented in both quantitative and qualititative forms.
N.B. Each element will have additional specific learning outcomes.
Full course syllabus
Unit NGC1: Management of health & safety
- Element 1: Foundations in health and safety
- Element 2: Health and safety management systems 1 - Policy
- Element 3: Health and safety management systems 2 - Organising
- Element 4: Health and safety management systems 3 - Planning
- Element 5: Health and safety management systems 4 - Measuring, audit and review
Unit NCC1: Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Element 1: Construction law and management
- Element 2: Construction site - hazards and risk control
- Element 3: Vehicle and plant movement - hazards and risk control
- Element 4: Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 5: Work equipment - hazards and risk control
- Element 6: Electrical safety
- Element 7: Fire safety
- Element 8: Chemical and biological health - hazards and risk control
- Element 9: Physical and psychological health - hazards and risk control
- Element 10: Working at height - hazards and risk control
- Element 11: Excavation work and confined spaces - hazards and risk control
- Element 12: Demolition and deconstruction - hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2: Construction health and safety practical application
- 2.1: Purpose and aim
- 2.3: Assessment location
- 2.4: Assessment requirements
- 2.5: Submission of completed work
- 2.6: Further information
NEBOSH Construction Certificate study methods
Choosing to study for your qualification with Astutis means you can undertake the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate course in either of the following ways:
Choose how to learn
Distance Learning Course
Ideal for independent learners with limited budget
Find out more
"The course was delivered in a professional manner and the tutor answered all the questions asked."
Project Manager at Centregreat Rail
NEBOSH Construction Certificate at Cardiff