Level 3 Manual Handling Trainers
Rospa manual handling course to develop trainers
The Level 3 Award for Manual Handling Trainers accredited qualification aims to support the role of the manual handling trainer in the workplace and to enable the trainer to provide suitable and sufficient training that meets legislative requirements and current best practice.
|Rospa Manual Handling Course Key Facts|
|Learning Methods||A combination of classroom learning and distance learning|
|Duration||2 days classroom based training plus distance learning|
|Location||Birmingham, Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham & in-company|
Who is manual handling trainers course for?
The manual handling trainer course is perfect for managers, supervisors, training personnel and safety professionals.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the reasons for managing manual handling risks in the workplace
- Explain the principles and practice of manual handling risk assessments at work
- Describe how the principles of safe handling can contribute to improving health and safety and well-being within the workplace
- Carry out and train others in how to a do a dynamic risk assessment before undertaking manual handling tasks
- Train others in how to apply efficient movement principles and safe practice to the movement of loads
- Produce a plan for a manual handling course based on a training needs analysis of the workplace
- Plan, produce and deliver effective manual handling training
- Provide learner feedback and evaluate manual handling training
This qualification consists of three mandatory units:
Unit 1 - Understanding the principles of manual handling in the workplace
It develops the learner’s knowledge of the principles and processes that underpin safe handling in the workplace.
Unit 2 – Application of safe practices to manual handling activities
This unit develops the learner’s knowledge and skills in the application of basic biomechanical principles and safe practices to manual handling tasks within the work place.
Unit 3 – Delivering a manual handling training session
It develops the learner’s knowledge and skills so they can prepare, deliver and evaluate a manual handling training session. Individuals can choose to bring a laptop to complete their session plan and prepare for their micro-teach.
All units are mandatory and all three units must be passed to gain the qualification.
The course takes place over 3 days of learning. This is blended mix of pre-course reading and exercises, classroom sessions and learner self study over the evenings of day 1 and 2 of the course.
Click here to see the full syllabus
Individuals will be assessed against assessment criteria through submission of assessment activities and learning environment practical observations. It is assessed through :
- Practical demonstrations
- Written session and action plan
- 30 minute micro teach
All three units are compulsory and must be passed to gain a qualification.
On successful completion of the written and practical assessments delegates will be awarded a RoSPA Manual Handling Trainers certificate.
Please contact us for dates for this course