- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- QSA Auditor
- Train the Trainer Manual Handling
- City and Guilds Certificate in Teaching Practice 7407 Parts 1 and 2
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Chartered Membership of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
- Member of the Institute for Learning
Lorna’s career began in the 1990’s when she moved from project management work to dealing with health and safety within a construction role. During her safety career, she has worked for a major UK bank, a housing trust, local authorities and BP Alternative Energy for projects including biomas, wind farms and a CHP plant. Lorna has also carried out developmental work to create and deliver tailored health and safety training programmes for many Blue Chip clients including EBRD, Historic Royal Palaces, Royal Academy of Arts, Shell and South West Trains to name but a few, as well as numerous Local Authorities and NHS Trusts.
Lorna has been working as a health and safety trainer and consultant for over 18 years. She is a well respected trainer of accredited NEBOSH, IOSH and bespoke courses, using her training qualifications and professional experience to bring concepts to life for learners and enable them to apply them to their workplace. As a NEBOSH examiner, she has successfully trained and supported many delegates to achieve their NEBOSH Diploma and is a member of the Astutis online support team.
Skills and Experience
Lorna has considerable experience developing Permit to Work permitting systems, accident investigation, health and safety auditing among a range of other consultancy services including auditing, risk assessment, policy review and development of health and safety management systems, training, environmental auditing and legal compliance audit. Her clients include CAFCASS, EDF Energy, HSBC and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals to name but a few.