IOSH Managing Safely Course Refresher Syllabus
IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is an internationally recognised certificate which reminds Managers and Supervisors of their health and safety responsibilities and best practice.
The course is consists of 6 modules and is assessed with a short test.
On completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace
- Recall safety and health key terms and their definitions
- Describe the benefits and key parts of a safety and health management system
- Identify how the law can affect safety and health in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Describe the principles that underpin good safety and health performance
1. Thinking back
- The three key reasons for managing safely
- A Managers responsibilities and accountabilities
- Key health and safety terms and definitions
- Health and safety management systems
- The importance of leadership
- What makes good and bad leaders
- Safety culture
- Planning for implementation and setting policy
- Health and safety law
- Sources of health and safety information
- Profiling risk and organisation health and safety
- The risk assessment process
- Controlling risk
- Measuring performance
- Active and reactive monitoring
- Health and safety audits
- Reviewing performance
- Acting on lessons learned
Learners must pass a short multiple choice test taken at the end of their course to achieve their IOSH Managing Safely Refresher certificate.
Learners will have 30 minutes to answer 21 questions in a variety of formats, including multiple choice, true/false and open questions and short answers.