Learn at your own pace and in your own time with an Astutis online learning course. When you enrol on any Astutis online course, you will be sent a wealth of guidance. It sounds simple, but please make sure you take it all on board.
- Read your introduction carefully and watch any videos that are recommended - you can find your course on our Youtube channel.
- Work your way through all parts of the introduction so you know how the course is made up, what learning materials and additional resources we have made available, how to navigate your way through the course, what support is available and what the assessment/exams involve.
- Take advantage of any support you are offered including: contact with our online learning advisor (about accessing your course) and safety advisor (about the course content), discussion groups for our NEBOSH courses, assessment feedback from tutors etc.
- Work your way through the materials in a logical order, deciding which of the additional activities/resources will help you best - we can provide all of the advice and guidance but at the end of the day you need to decide what is best for you and your learning style.
- All courses come with a set of downloadable PDF course notes, so that you can continue to learn even when you are offline. We even have a video for getting the most out of our PDFs : https://youtu.be/f66IS7wdPvo
- Prepare for the exams/assessment: IOSH courses feature opportunities throughout to see what the assessments will be like (checkpoints and activities)
NEBOSH courses have sections specifically on revision and exams, which include a revision and exam guide and mock exam offers …we strongly recommend using them!
Astutis online courses have all been designed, so far as is possible, to provide a learning experience equivalent to that in a classroom. Our learners are supported for the duration of their course. The diagram below highlights what our Diploma learners can expect to have access to:
- Your own tutor - as soon as you start the course you will be assigned a tutor who will be your main point of contact through the course. Your tutor will offer on-oing support via email, phone or Skype. Your mock exam will be marked by your tutor and their feedback on your performance will be shared with you. Your tutor will be taking an active part in the discussion forums.
- A mock exam - You will have the opportunity to sit a mock exam for each unit of the course. Once you have completed the exam simply send it to your tutor, who will mark it and return it with detailed feedback about what is good and what you could improve on.
- Discussion forums - The discussion forums give you the opportunity to share your experiences, thoughts and questions with fellow online learners. Astutis tutors will be taking part in the discussions too, but the main purpose of the discussions is to enable you to learn from and support each other.
- Revision sessions - We offer additional online revision sessions for Units A, B and C and support session for Unit D, via our live, online web-classroom.