IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Course
Build your sustainability knowledge and a greener future
Sustainability is now on every company's agenda and will open up more professionals opportunities. The IEMA Foundation Certificate offers a solid foundation in sustainability and the management tools to improve environmental performance. Get Associate Membership of IEMA (AIEMA) and demonstrate your level of knowledge and competence.
Choose sustainability to shape your future career
|IEMA Foundation Certificate Course Key Facts|
|Learning Methods||Online, Virtual, Classroom and in-company|
|How long?||5 days or a minimum of 40 hours|
Fees for 1 year of Associate membership of IEMA, exam and certification costs, comprehensive materials and tutor support
|Assessments||1-hour open book online multiple choice exam|
Who is the IEMA Foundation Certificate for?
It is for anyone who is new to environmental management or who wants to develop a career in sustainability. If you want to get Associate membership of IEMA (AIEMA), successfully completing the Foundation Certificate is the best route.
Why take the IEMA Foundation Certificate?
You will have the knowledge and skills to create a sustainable future and in a position to:
- Become recognised as a competent environmental AIEMA professional and practically manage positive environmental change
- Help companies to achieve environmental compliance by having a good understanding of environmental law and policy
- Help to develop a cultural shift by promoting the best environmental practice
- Reduce organisations' negative impacts on energy, waste, water etc. and improve profitability
- Open up new and rewarding career opportunities in environmental management and increase your salary potential
How to take the IEMA Foundation Certificate
Online learning (also known as elearning)
You may prefer a more flexible way to taking your IEMA course where you decide when and where you study. If you can't take time off work, or have a limited budget or just prefer to manage your own study time, online learning is a perfect solution. You will still benefit from plenty of tutor support and can network with other IEMA foundation learners from a LinkedIn community. Find out more about the IEMA Foundation online.
What is covered in the IEMA Foundation course?
It covers 7 key elements below:
- Environmental and sustainability principles
- Sustainability and mega-trends
- Policy and legislation
- Environmental management systems
- Performance evaluation
- Additional management and assessment tools
- Communication and the management of change
How is the IEMA Foundation Certificate assessed?
The Foundation Certificate is a 5 day course which is assessed through a 1 hour online multiple choice test hosted by IEMA. You will get your results immediately after the completion of the online exam. and you will receive your IEMA certificate 8 weeks after successfully completing the exam.
Buy your course now
"The best tutor I have had on any professional course. The teaching style and subject knowledge was second to none. Great course – great tutor."
Health & Safety Manager at Ringstones
IEMA Foundation Certificate Wakefield