IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Course
Your journey to a bright and sustainable future starts here - Gain AIEMA membership!
The drive towards sustainable business has opened up a whole new world of opportunity - and the IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is your way in.
This globally recognised certificate will give you valuable insight into global environmental issues and the challenges they place on modern businesses. Plus, you'll develop the essential management skills to help your business and community become more sustainable.
|IEMA Foundation Certificate Course Key Facts|
|Learning Methods||Online, Virtual, Classroom and In-company|
|Duration||IEMA recommends around 40 hours or 5 days of study|
|Elements||7 elements with 13 learning outcomes|
|What's included?||1 year Associate Membership of IEMA (AIEMA)|
Exam and certificate fees
Comprehensive materials and tutor support
|Exams||1 open-book online exam|
Who is the IEMA Foundation Certificate for?
The IEMA Foundation Certificate is for anyone looking to make an impact in an environment or sustainability role. It focuses on environmental management so it's perfect if you're responsible for:
- Collecting and collating environmental or sustainability data
- Completing routine checks on legislative or pollution prevention measures
- Providing routine advice and information on environmental or sustainability issues
- Playing a supporting role in small scale projects and programmes
Whether you're new to an environmental or sustainability role and want a quick way of learning the ropes. Or, you’re looking to develop a career in environmental sustainability, the IEMA Foundation Certificate is the perfect place to start.
Course Entry Requirements
The IEMA Foundation Certificate is aimed at people new to the environment and sustainability industry. Therefore, you don't need any previous knowledge or experience to take the course.
Why take the IEMA Foundation Certificate?
By taking the IEMA Foundation Certificate, you'll be able to:
- Help to reduce your company's carbon footprint and create a more sustainable future
- Put in place an environmental management system to improve efficiency and performance
- Keep your company compliant and offer advice on regulatory changes
- Develop a career in sustainability and enjoy new job opportunities, higher salaries, and increased job satisfaction
- Apply for Associate Membership of IEMA (AIEMA) and get professional recognition for your new skills and knowledge
What's covered in the IEMA Foundation course?
The IEMA Foundation Certificate gives you an understanding of the entire sustainability agenda and how business activities contribute to it on a wider scale. It's divided into 7 elements and covers:
- Element 1: Core Environmental Principles
- Element 2: Sustainability and Mega-trends
- Element 3: Policy and Legislation
- Element 4: Environmental Management Systems
- Element 5: Performance Evaluation
- Element 6: Additional Management and Assessment Tools
- Element 7: Communication and the Management of Change
How is the IEMA Foundation Certificate assessed?
The IEMA Foundation Certificate is assessed by a 1-hour, multiple-choice online exam. There are 30 questions, each with 4 possible answers. You need to answer 21 questions (70%) to pass.
You'll get your results as soon as you finish your exam. Provided you pass, you'll receive your IEMA Certificate in the post within 8 weeks.
How to take the IEMA Foundation Certificate
Whether you like to study independently or part of a group, you're sure to find a learning method to suit you:
You may prefer a more flexible way to taking your IEMA course where you decide when and where you study. If you can't take time off work, or have a limited budget or just prefer to manage your own study time, online learning is a perfect solution. You will still benefit from plenty of tutor support and can network with other IEMA foundation learners from a LinkedIn community. Find out more about the IEMA Foundation online.
Buy your course now
"The best tutor I have had on any professional course. The teaching style and subject knowledge was second to none. Great course – great tutor."
Health & Safety Manager at Ringstones
IEMA Foundation Certificate Wakefield