IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce
Transform your business from the ground up
IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce is a short awareness course designed to give all workers a basic understanding of sustainability principles.
Whether you're looking to comply with ISO 14001 legislation, achieve new sustainability goals, or simply make a positive difference to the world, the IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce will help your business get there.
|IEMA Environmental Sustainability Skills for the Workforce Key Facts|
|Duration||IEMA recommends around 7 hours|
|Assessment||Online multiple-choice test|
6 months access to the course
Who is the IEMA Sustainability Skills for the Workforce course for?
Everyone! All workers play a part in making a business more sustainable. The IEMA Sustainability Skills for the Workforce provides an awareness of key environmental sustainability principles and the steps people can take day-to-day to help maintain a sustainable workplace.
If you're looking to train Managers and Supervisors, take a look at the IEMA Sustainability Skills for Managers course.
Why train your staff with the IEMA Sustainability for the Workforce?
By taking the IEMA Sustainability Skills for the Workforce course your staff will be able to:
- Help reduce your company's waste and create a more sustainable business.
- Keep your company compliant by working to ISO 14001 standards.
- Recognise ways to help improve sustainability in their day-to-day role.
- Contribute to the overall improvement of sustainability across your value supply chain.
What does the course cover?
The course is split into 4 modules and covers:
- Risks and opportunities from environmental sustainability
- Laws and other compliance obligations
- Key environmental sustainability issues
- Improving environmental sustainability performance
The course includes a number of case studies to support the key learning outcomes:
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service: Climate change resilience
- Hanson: Landscape and biodiversity stewardship
- Kingston University: Collaboration and communication for sustainability
Activities, videos and learning checks are also used throughout the online course to test and challenge the learner's understanding.
How is the course assessed?
The course is assessed with a 30 minute, multiple-choice test. The test is hosted on the IEMA assessment portal and must be taken within 28 days of completing the course.
Learners will get their results and be told whether they've passed or failed as soon as they've completed the exam. Provided they've passed, they'll receive an IEMA Certificate in the post within 12 weeks.
Train your staff online
With an award-winning LMS and beautifully crafted, personalised learner experiences, our online course is the quick, safe and reliable way to get your staff IEMA certified.