CDM 2015 in Practice Classroom Course, Cardiff
This 2-day CDM in Practice classroom course in Cardiff covers the specific duties and interactions of the five duty holders and the documentation required to ensure you are compliant.
Share your learning with others in a structured, tutor-led environment.
|CDM 2015 in Practice Course - Key Facts|
|Assessments||One 1-hour open book exam|
Is the CDM in Practice Course for me?
CDM 2015 in Practice provides an in-depth explanation of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM) 2015, which replaced CDM 2007.
The course is primarily targeted at people working in the key roles as defined in CDM 2015 and their new responsibilities.
Why take CDM in Practice?
The Astutis CDM in Practice course provides an understanding of the responsibilities defined by these regulations. It is accepted by The Institution of Construction Safety as meeting the approved criteria for membership of the institution.
What will I learn on the course?
The course will cover the following:
- Introduction to CDM 2015 and interpretation of scope, application and key terminology, codes of practice and industry guidance.
- Clients’ new duties and responsibilities.
- The specific and practical interactive duties of planning, managing and coordinating between the five duty holders: Client, Principle Designer, Designer, Principle Contractor, Contractor.
- Overview of the general health and safety requirements for all construction sites.
- Key documentation: Notification, Pre-Construction Information, Construction Phase Plan, Health and Safety File.
How is CDM in Practice Assessed?
There is an assessment comprising a one hour open book test. You will receive an Astutis Certificate on successful completion.
What is included in the Astutis CDM in Practice Course?
Your IOSH course with Astutis will include:
- Comprehensive course materials, workbooks and exercises.
- Experienced tutor guidance.
- Lunch and refreshments each day of your course.
- Quality learning and exam venues with onsite parking, Wi-Fi and conference facilities.
Why take CDM in Practice with Astutis?
- Lively training comprising tutorials, discussions and interactive exercises to provide you with an understanding of the structure and content of the CDM 2015 Regulations that can be applied to your workplace.
- Expert tutor support from highly qualified trainers with experience of working in health and safety roles in the construction sector.
- Learning materials created in-house by our learning development team to ensure consistency, quality and currency of information in line with legislation.