IOSH Managing Safely in Aviation Syllabus
The IOSH Managing Safely in Aviation course is designed to provide managers and supervisors in any organisation involved in airside and landside operations with an understanding of their responsibilities. This includes both managing health & safety within the workplace and assisting employers to comply with the requirements of CAP642.
The course is split into 2 units - 1 taught module and a work-based assignment to complete which will demonstrate learners' application of the knowledge they have gained over the course of the previous unit.
Overall learning outcomes
On completion of each unit, learners should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the domain knowledge covered by:
- The application of knowledge to familiar and unfamiliar situations
- The critical analysis and evaluation of information presented in both quantitative and qualitative forms
N.B. Each element will have additional specific learning outcomes.
Full course syllabus
1: Introducing Managing Safely in Aviation
- Why is it important to manage safely?
- What are your responsibilities as a manager?
2: Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- How do accidents and incidents happen?
- How do you carry out an investigation
3: Human factors
- What are human factors?
- How does human failure contribute to the cause of accidents?
4: Assessing Risk
- What is risk?
- What is a risk assessment?
- How are risk assessments carried out?
5: Controlling Risk
- How do you reduce risk?
- How do you decide which risk control to use?
6: Understanding Managers Responsibilities
- What does the law require managers to do?
- How does the law work?
- What are the key parts of a health and safety management system?
7: Common hazards
- What are common hazards?
- What can you do about common hazards?
8: Measuring performance
- What's performance measurement about?
- How do you measure health and safety performance?
- What is auditing?
9: Protecting the Environment
- What is the impact of industry on the environment?
- How can you control pollution and waste?
- What are the main elements of an environmental management system?
IOSH Managing Safely in Aviation: More information
If you would like more information on training your staff on this course please contact us using the button below:
If you are an individual looking to complete a Managing Safely in Aviation course yourself, please visit our page on Public Classroom Courses.