- NVQ 4 Occupational Health and Safety
- Fire Safety Technicians Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Part 1
- City and Guilds 7302 - Introduction to Learning.
- CMIOSH Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
- TIFireE Technician of the Institute of Fire Engineers
- Student Chartered Institute of Marketing
- AIEMA Associate Member of the Institution of Environmental Management and Assessment
Rod Blest is Chartered Safety and Health Practitioner who has managed health and safety for companies in the health-care and aviation industries.
With this experience, he is proficient at working across multiple sites in aviation, production, warehousing, distribution, offices, retail and clinical environments.
Rod has also worked closely with clients to deliver bespoke consultancy and training solutions. He also delivered tailored risk assessment, accident Investigation and control of construction courses, in addition to compliance reviews and safety audits.
Areas of Expertise
Rod previously worked in retail news trade and clinical environments before specializing in aviation. He has provided health and safety advice in areas such as engineering, cabin crew, and ground handling in the UK and abroad. In addition, Rod also undertakes fire risk assessments within airports and aircraft maintenance hangars. Rod has designed courses specifically for the aviation industry in Manual Handling, Fire Awareness, Accident Investigation and specialist aviation safety courses. In addition Rod is a committee member of the IOSH Aviation and Aerospace Group.
Rod’s experience and knowledge is highly regarded to those in other business sectors, as he is experienced in motivating supervisors and managers in fulfilling their health and safety duties and obligations.