IOSH Safety for Senior Executives Syllabus
The Safety for Senior Executives course is aimed at directors and senior managers, with the aim of assisting them in setting their organisational strategic objectives for health & safety risk management.
The course has only one unit which is assessed by a short multiple choice exam.
Overall learning outcomes
At the end of the training participants will gain an understanding of how to:
- Undertake your health and safety responsibilities and keep your organisation compliant.
- Avoid litigation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to health and safety throughout your organisation.
- Influence effective operations and staff performance.
N.B. Each element will have additional specific learning outcomes.
Full course syllabus
1. Why manage health and safety?
- The moral and legal case for effective health and safety management, and the role played by the directors.
2. Health and safety law
- The key legislation of civil and criminal law including corporate manslaughter and its implications.
3. Corporate governance
- The business case for effective management of health and safety risk, including the 'hidden' costs of failure and the requirements for annual reporting.
4. Health and safety management systems
- Understanding the requirements for effective health and safety management, its principles and its strategic implementation.
5. Leadership and culture
- The importance of directors as safety leaders and how to influence a safety culture.
IOSH Safety for Senior Executives course: futher information
Choosing to study for your certificate with Astutis means you can undertake the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives course in either of the following ways:
For more information on the course itself as well as these learning options, please get in touch with our trained course advisers.