- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health
- IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- City and Guilds Further and Adult Education Teaching Certificate 7307
- BIOH P402 Asbestos Surveyor
- RSA Certificate of Professional Competence (Road Haulage)
- In progress: BSc (Hons) Psychology (OU)
- BSI OHSAS:18001 Lead Auditor
- CMIOSH Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- RMaPS Registered CDMC Member of the Association for Project Safety
- OHSCR UK Professional Health and Safety Consultants Register Areas of Expertise
David is a Chartered Safety Practitioner with more than twenty years’ experience in the provision of health and safety training and consultancy, having previously worked with the Astutis Management for over 10 years in the UK’s foremost health, safety and environmental training provider.
Starting his career in logistics with the Ministry of Defence, David was a master driver for Northern Ireland and later held a key post in driver training for personnel in Germany and appointed transport and safety officer at the Infantry Training Centre, Catterick Garrison. After a successful military career, David directed his knowledge and skills to develop a career as a safety professional.
Areas of Expertise
David has considerable experience in the delivery of the full NEBOSH suite of courses including the NEBOSH Diploma and NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety. David also presents the complete range of IOSH courses from Safety for Senior Executives through to Working Safely as well as more specific courses such as Asbestos Awareness, Risk Assessment, Accident Investigation, CDM Coordinator, Management of Contractors etc. David is also accredited to deliver CIEH training courses.
David has been involved in the development and delivery of many tailored training solutions for some of the largest employers in the UK and overseas, including Akzo Nobel, BOC, Coca Cola, DHL, EON, Fenner Group, Johnson Matthey, Lafarge Cement, Novartis, Rolls Royce, Siemens and United Utilities.
In addition to training, David also delivers consultancy solutions, he is an OHSAS:18001 Lead Auditor and carries out Fire Risk Assessments.