- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
- Diploma in Health & Safety Management
- Diploma in Environmental Management
- Diploma in Safety Practice
- NEBOSH Assessment of Workplace Noise
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate, Preparing to Teaching in the Life Long Learning Sector (PTLLS), City and Guilds.
- CMIOSH Chartered Member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
- MIIRSM Member of International Institute of Risk and Safety Management
- OSHCR Registered on the Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register
Andrew is a highly qualified Health & Safety Consultant with considerable experience delivering and managing IOSH & NEBOSH accredited and non accredited courses. He has gained his professional experience in the metals recycling industry.
Andrew has almost 20 years’ experience in delivering and managing accredited Health & Safety courses both as a consultant and training manager. He also has over 12 years’ experience of working in the steel industry, predominantly for an international metals recycling company, Sims Group UK Ltd in a management function primarily as Group Health, Safety & Environment Manager. He headed a department of six, providing health, safety and environmental support and advice to 32 sites throughout England and Wales. He reported to the Executive Committee on areas such as accident performance, training programmes and safety initiatives, setting and controlling annual budgets. He was responsible for creating and setting company policies and standards, providing training on these, tailored for the relevant personnel, the implementation of a formal safety & environmental audit & inspection programmes involving various functions and behavioural auditing. He also assisted in preparing the company through its waste licensing requirements in compliance with new regulations. Andrew was Health, Safety and Environmental Manager at Philip Metals, which involved transferring systems and practices into the expanding business as it grew through acquisition.
Andrew also gained experience as a Project Engineer & Risk Manager at ASW Holdings.
Andrew has worked as a lead trainer and consultant since 2004. He has considerable experience of delivering and managing accredited IOSH and NEBOSH courses including the NEBOSH Diploma. He also provides in-company training of short courses covering a wide range of health & safety topics with a wide range of organisations in diverse sectors. He also works closely with clients to tailor courses to meet organisational and staff requirements.